So, this morning when I woke up, I decided to write a post about what if the SHTF while I was traveling for work, and all I had time to do is grab gear from out of the hotel room and get the heck out of Dodge on foot. I did a quick survey of the room, and this is what I found that I could grab quicky, and stuff in or strap to my backpack or strap to it and get out.
- Extra blanket in plastic zipper container
- Shower Curtain (Thanks to JR in Texas for his comment on the Ultra Light Shelter post for this idea)
- Pen & Paper
- Plastic cups
- Water Bottle (I usually buy a couple liters of water when I get back from work every day so I have ample water in the room)
- Washcloth and Towel
- Coffee pot (just the pot) to cook or boil water in
- Coffee, Creamer, Sugar packets that are next to the coffee maker
- Roll of Toilet Paper x 2
- Ice bucket to store water if I have to stay put
- My Travel EDC kit (I have added a couple of MRE main meals, peanut butter packets, enough Gatorade powder for three quarts of Gatorade, and additional Paracord).
- My lighter
- My Gerber Paraframe I folding knife
Just a quick thought this morning. This should give me a head start on figuring out what to do in the event of a SHTF as compared to everyone that will be milling around in circles wondering what just happened or what to do.