What are some of you 2011 Preparedness goals? Here are some of mine in no particular order:
- Add an additional three months of food storage to my preps,
- Take at least two tactical shooting courses,
- Continue teaching what I learn when I can,
- Take several wilderness survival courses,
- Start doing joint videos with Practical Primitive to add to the blog.
- Renew my First Aid and CPR Certifications
- Take a CERT Course
- Continue with my fitness goals (want to go down 30lbs in fat weight and increase some muscle weight)
- Increase my savings (specific number not specified yet)
- Rebuild my budget and pay off all debt! This includes, Credit cards (which are almost gone, 2006 IRS/State Audit which is a pain in my @$$), truck payment, etc. This is a personal non negotiable item for 2011 and will be significant and difficult, but a driving factor in working very hard this year.
- Hike and camp more if I can on the weekends (skills practice weekends).
- Enjoy the ride, even though it is going to be a hard working year.
12 goals, for 12 months. Obviously those goals are not going to happen month over month, but will have to be executed in a very strategic way this year. Looks like a year without vacation again, but if I can take a three day weekend here or there in my tent, I’ll take it!
As promised, as well, some time ago, here is a personal budget spreadsheet that I have modified in the past for my own use. Feel free to download it and use it for yourself…
- This file is in Microsoft Excel 97 – 2003 format and should work on all versions of Microsoft Excel from 97 – 2010.
- Save it to your computer and use it for 2011