Hello everyone, and Happy New Year. A couple of house cleaning items today on the first day of January, 2012. First, it was a fast year. I cannot believe that 2011 year has flown by so quickly. I can say that I certainly did not expect this past year to go so quickly at all. I expected to personally achieve a few goals that I fell short of including financial, health, and a couple more. It was a weird year for me. It was a weird year for friends and family. I won’t get into specifics, but it felt like a transformational year. A year that both good and bad things happened… I came to many realizations in 2011… They were more awakenings, I think than just realizations, yet both. Here are a few:
- I realized that I am not sure my financial future is secure, both because of some of my own personal procrastination (I am a slow learner), and because of the economy.
- I realized, I might not be as good at my job as I thought I was.
- I realized my goals and some of my aspirations are/were too vague.
- I realized I want more for myself going forward, and that my goals need to be more finite to be visualized correctly.
- Our political system is in a transformational flux. Our republic is forever changing, and turning into something that I don’t necessarily understand. That our political system is not what is supposed to be, and that it has been corrupted by political greed long ago. That decisions being made by the parties are so partisan they do not take what the people want into consideration. It truly has saddens me.
- That I feel more driven to my goals from 2011 that I did not achieve going into this year than I ever have before.
I think 2012 is going to be the start or the continuation of an interesting chapter in our world’s history. Economies are collapsing financially, tensions are high between political powers, and life for many people has changed dramatically over the past few years.
Second, you may have noticed the lack of new posts in the month of December. I have been fortunate enough to have been very busy at my job recently, and that is primarily the reason for the lack of new posts. I have also been having some technical issues with the blog, and I have been trying to get them sorted out. Some of you have been having issues with it, and I apologize.
Finally, I was also a little burned out. I had been getting writers block after a long day at work and trying to write while mentally exhausted was very hard. So, I decided to take the month off, in hopes I could reboot my brain. With luck, I was able to do that, and we’ll know in the coming weeks.