I know the economy is bad, and companies need to continue making profit, but the food costs have not increased that much, have they. Please someone chime in if you think I am a little crazy here. I really would like to know. Is Walmart (Chinamart) the evil empire for food now? Is it across the board at your regular grocery store? Please let me know.
After a few minutes of research, here is what I found:
- WalMart supercenter: the new low-price food retailer in town
- New York Post: Report: Wal-Mart food prices going up
- Potato Pro: Report: Wal-Mart food prices going up
- Reuters: Walmart to slash grocery prices
- Business Insider: Food Inflation Coming To A Household Near You, As Wal-Mart Hikes Prices At Fastest Pace Since Early January
Where is the truth, it sure does not look like it is between the lines when I was walking though the isles…
Oh, and those few things I was looking for were items such as dried beans, rice, etc. for my food storage. Needless to say, I walked right out. It’s okay though, because I found Corrado’s Restaurant Wholesale in Clifton NJ, now for a good portion of my dry storage goods, as well as vegetables that I can dehydrate myself, etc. No more food at Walmart. That is for sure.
Please comment on this, as I would like to hear more about what your thoughts are since Walmart has permeated our society.